Check our Latest products!
Top 14 tips for the day of your driving test
- Eat a few hours before you go, the last thing you need is to feel physically or mentally weak, this will put you at a disadvantage. Energy foods are a good idea.
- Make a mental image of you passing the test, while you wait for your examiner
- Listen to any advice from your Instructor – Don’t be put of by others, only listen to advice from who is teaching you, friends and family often give advice, they mean well but are sometimes wrong, so listen to your driving instructor as they have the know how, and experience to advice you properly.
- Take a few deep breaths before your examiner comes into the room, this will help you focus.
- Have any documents you may need ready – If you are having to look for them in your bag or pockets when the examiner asks for them this will only make you nerves worse.
- Dress in comfortable clothes – If you normally wear a suite, then that’s fine, but if you would normally wear jeans and a t shirt then wear that, as you may feel less relaxed
- Remember that if you don’t pass you can always take it again.
- Consider taking herbal remedy – but consult a doctor before doing so as you don’t want it to have side effects that may effect your driving in a negative way.
- If the examiner gives you any instruction that you are unsure of ask them to repeat it – Examiners are people too, they know you may be nervous, they will have been tested themselves, so they will know how you feel.
- If you go the wrong way, don’t worry – The examiner will not record a fault as long as you go the wrong way in safe way, for example if the examiner says “take the next road on the left” and your take the road on the right, it won’t be a problem as long as it is done in a safe way.
- Consider doing a commentary drive – Talk to your instructor about this if they have not already mentioned it.
- Talk to your instructor about your nerves – They will be used to advising people on nerves
- Make sure you are ready – If you can’t do things on lessons then you won’t do it under pressure on the driving test.
- Believe in yourself – Your driving instructor does or you wouldn’t be taking the test. Good luck on your test.