Check our Latest products!
Have you gone to your basement to do a bit laundry cleaning only to find out that your washing machine’s pipes are all frozen solid? You are not alone. This thing happens regularly, especially during cold winter seasons.
But you have to worry about permanent damages that might happen to the pipe and to the motor. Before that happens, you should thaw out your washer first. Here are some of the steps you have to follow:
1. Go to the main valve of your water supplier and turn off the valve. After doing this step, go to the sink closest to your washer. Direct the pipe of your washer to the sink so it will drain out thawed ice.
2. Get an empty bucket and place the end of the pipe there. You might also want to get extra towels to catch water that might ooze out from the pipe once it has already thawed completely. You should start from the pipe in the faucet sink and progress to the frozen area to avoid sudden rush of water.
3. Get a small propane torch. This is the same one you use in lighting your charcoal grill or when you are toasting cheese on top of your home-made soup. Wear gloves and goggles for extra protection. Hold the pipe 9 inches away from the torch. Ignite the torch and run it back and forth until it has started to thaw out. Do not directly heat up the pipe or you might inadvertently damage it.
4. After doing this, get a hair dryer and crank it up to the highest heat setting. Just like the propane torch, also move it back and forth. This will thaw out the pipe but will not directly expose it to flame.
5. Another remedy you can try is a heat lamp. This is used as a heat source during winter season, especially when you are camping. You can place it 8 inches away from the pipe. You can use this if the pipe of your washer is installed behind walls or if you cannot gain access to the pipe easily.
6. For pipes that are exposed to you, just use a hot water heating pad. Wrap it around the pipe and let it stay there until it has returned to its normal state.
You might want to winterize your washer next time to avoid this from happening. Make sure you maintain your washer well all the time to prolong its life.Write by phần mềm gốc